Welcome to Year 5
This term, we are learning about:
Who will support my learning?
Teacher: Mrs Hannon
HLTA: Mrs Baker
TA: Mrs Symons
Reading - every day, signed by an adult in your reading record. Books can be changed on Friday. We will be monitoring their use of Accelerated Reader on a weekly basis.
Times Tables - daily practice using TTRockstars which will be monitored weekly.
Spelling - your child is going to be set spellings to learn at home on a weekly basis. The spellings set will link to the focus of the spelling lesson being taught that week and the number of words will be a maximum of ten depending on the level of difficulty. The words to learn will be set via Microsoft Teams every Monday. Your child can use a range of strategies to learn their spellings in readiness for a spelling test on a Friday.
Topic - Topic related homework will be set once a term via Assignments (linked to Teams). Your child will be provided with a list of activities and we expect to see at least one piece of evidence of an outcome uploaded to Assignments by the end of each term.
Year 5 Topics
Term 1 - Pharaohs
Term 2 - Stargazers
Term 3 - Time Traveller
Term 4 - Beast Creator
Term 5 - Allotment
Term 6 - Off with Her Head!
When do I need to wear my PE Kit?
Please ensure all kit is named.
What else do I need to know about Year 5?
- I need my daily water bottle and healthy snack
- I will change my home reading book on Friday
- My teacher will provide all the resources I need for learning, so I don't need to bring in my own items
- I will be ready, respectful and safe at all times in school
- Year 5 English Objectives
- Year 5 Grammar, Vocabulary and Punctuation objectives
- Year 5 Spelling Objectives
- Year 5 Spelling List
- Year 5 Maths Objectives
- Year 5 Reading objectives in child speak
- Year 5 Writing objectives in child speak
- Year 5 Maths objectives in child speak
- KS2 Grammar Passport
- KS2 Spelling Passport
- Glossary of Terms
- 50 Recommended Reads for Year 5
- Accessing MS Teams