Welcome to year one :D
Who will help me with my learning?
Class Teacher (CT): Mr. Hulcoop-Searle
Teaching Assistant (TA) : Mrs Trevaskus
This term we are exploring the topic of 'Wriggle and Crawl':
This will involve learning about creepy crawlies - there habitats, food and their body parts etc. Furthermore, we will be writing about 'The Hungry Caterpillar' and exploring the story in greater depth looking for our writing features throughout.
When is and what do I wear for PE?
Year one PE is every Thursday afternoon. The children will come to school in their PE kit. This will consist of a while t-shirt and black shorts. Additionally, children need to wear suitable footwear such as plimsolls or trainers. Should it be a cold day, children are more than welcome to wear jogging or tracksuit bottoms and a jumper or suitable coat. Any questions about any of this, feel free to speak to me.
- Reading: record at least 2 reads weekly in your home record (these can be school books or books from home)
- Numbots (Logins stuck inside reading records) - Practice letter/number formation
- The children will allow be provided with a 'Sound of the Week' to learn
What else do I need to know about year 1?
- I need to bring my water bottle daily and can bring a healthy snack, though snacks are provided
- Reading books are collected in every Friday and then changed and given back to the children on a Monday
- My teacher will provide all the resources to support my learning, so I don't need to bring in my own items
- I will be ready, respectful and safe at all times in school