Welcome to the Year 4 page of the school website
Happy New (Academic) Year!
Welcome to the Autumn Term, 2019! The children are refreshed and all raring to go. Year 4, we hope you enjoy yourself, work hard and make the most of your time in year 4.We have a busy, fun couple of terms ahead of us! Our overriding theme this term is 'Once Upon a Time' which will involve a wide variety of learning activities, indoors and outdoors.
Just a few reminders:
- PE is on a Thursday morning - kits should be in school every day
- I am out of class on alternate Tuesday mornings (for planning, preparation and assessment) and Mrs Norris will cover the class.
- Your child should have a named water bottle (with a sports cap) in class every day - the classrooms get hot and stuffy!
- Your child should be reading outside of school as often as possible - after completing reading a book, your child can write a short review or summary of the book.
- We change reading books three times a week.
In Maths, we are looking at number and place value including Roman numerals, addition / subtraction and multiplication / division strategies and how to use these in our problem solving and reasoning tasks. The small steps we are following are: Roman numerals to 100, Rounding to the nearest 10, Rounding to the nearest 100, Count in 1,000s Partitioning, Number line to 10,000, 1,000 more or less, Compare numbers, Order numbers, Round to the nearest 1,000, Negative numbers
We are strongly continuing our focus on mindsets, and to actively promote the earning of tokens for fantastic learning behaviour.
Our learning values are:
Resilient, Determined, Resourceful, Reflective, Responsible and Reasoning