Mindfulness - https://app.gonoodle.com/login
Paignton Zoo LIVE - https://www.paigntonzoo.org.uk/explore/webcams
General - https://www.twinkl.co.uk/
General - https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/
Videos in all areas - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVcQH8A634mauPrGbWs7QlQ
Live PE lessons - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz0go1pTda8
Books - https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/
Stories - https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/stories
Times tables - https://ttrockstars.com/
Number - https://play.numbots.com/#/intro
General - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
General - https://www.prodigygame.com/
Art & DT:
Drawing classes by children's illustrator - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmzjCPQv3y8
Ideas - https://kidsactivitiesblog.com/
- Race your family to be the first to accurately spell all of the words from a unit
- Come up with a rap or song to learn the spellings of each word
- Download or write out each spelling, place them in a circle with you in the middle, then get a family member to call out a word. Jump on the word then spell it out. If you're correct, you keep that card. Return to the middle and repeat until all words are learnt
- Spellings - Unit 1
- Spellings - Unit 2
- Spellings - Unit 3
- Spellings - Unit 4
- Spellings - Unit 5
- Spellings - Unit 6
- Spellings - Unit 7
- Spellings - Unit 8
- Spellings - Unit 9
- Spellings - Unit 10
- Spellings - Unit 11
- Spellings - Unit 13
- Spellings - Unit 14
- Book review 1.png
- Book review 2.jpg
- Diary for home 1.jpg
- Diary for home 2.jpg
- Books to read bookshelf.jpg
- Books I've read.jpg
- 100 square - fill in the missing numbers
- Standard form
- Column addition 2 digit add 2 digit
- Column subtraction 2 digit add 2 digit
- Create a performance! Why not come up with a song, rap, dance or full show just like they do on Horrible Histories to tell your family all about the Anglo-Saxons?! You could video your performance and send it on to family and friends who aren't in your house!
- Build an Anglo-Saxon home out of materials found around your house or using blocks/Lego
- Create a map of where the Anglo-Saxon reign was in England
- Construct a crown and robe out of materials and be Alfred the Great for the day!
- Paint or draw pictures of what life was like in Anglo-Saxon times
- Create a puzzle, board game or quiz to test your family members to check if they've been listening to you!
Welcome to Year 3!
Our teaching team is:
Teacher: Mrs Moody
HLTA: Mrs Baker
A few reminders:
- PE is on a Monday morning – named kits should be in school every day.
- I am out of class on a Wednesday (for planning, preparation and assessment time) which Mrs Baker will cover.
- Your child should have a named water bottle in class every day - the classrooms get hot and stuffy!
- Your child should be reading as often as possible - we change class reading books throughout the week regularly.
- Your child's learning targets are the following:
- Answering inferential questions when reading (i.e asking children what they think of characters and their actions rather than asking to recall events in a book)
- Editing and improving their writing
- Practising Y3 spelling patterns (these can be found below)
- Practising multiplication and division facts for the 3, 4 and 8 times tables (our times table fluency sheets can be found below. Additional resources can be found by following this link: https://www.timestables.co.uk/worksheets/)
Please remember we have an open door policy and are more than happy to discuss any queries or concerns so either catch a member of staff in the playground (but please be aware mornings are very hectic) or ring the school office to make an appointment.
We look forward to seeing all of you throughout the year.
Mrs Moody and Mrs Baker