Welcome to Year 3!
Our teaching team is:
Teacher: Mrs Moody
HLTA: Mrs Baker
A few reminders:
- PE is on a Monday morning – named kits should be in school every day.
- I am out of class on a Wednesday afternoon (for planning, preparation and assessment time) which Mrs Norris will cover.
- Your child should have a named water bottle in class every day - the classrooms get hot and stuffy!
- Your child should be reading as often as possible - we change class reading books throughout the week regularly.
- Your child's learning targets are the following:
- Answering inferential questions when reading (i.e asking children what they think of characters and their actions rather than asking to recall events in a book)
- Editing and improving their writing
- Practising Y3 spelling patterns (these can be found below)
- Practising multiplication and division facts for the 3, 4 and 8 times tables (our times table fluency sheets can be found below. Additional resources can be found by following this link: https://www.timestables.co.uk/worksheets/)
Please remember we have an open door policy and are more than happy to discuss any queries or concerns so either catch a member of staff in the playground (but please be aware mornings are very hectic) or ring the school office to make an appointment.
We look forward to seeing all of you throughout the year.
Mrs Moody and Mrs Baker