Promise me you will always remember, you are braver than you believe, smarter than you seem, stronger than you think and loved more than you know.
Using your logins provided from school, play the games available on these websites below:
- Maths games
- Maths for 5 - 7 year olds
- Online activities to support learning
- Maths Sats style questions
Your children will be learning the 2, 5 and 10 times tables this year. Please practise as often as you can at home. There are loads of super apps or websites to have fun while you practise.
Below are some links to ideas for keeping fit. Have a go at P.E.with Joe every morning from 9.00!
Try to exercise at least 3 times a week.
Welcome to Year Two!
Our teaching team
Teacher: Mrs Cartlidge
Cover Teacher Wednesday: Mrs Norris
Teaching Assistants for Key Stage 1: Mrs Best and Mrs Lonie
Welcome back to a new year. We hope you have all had a lovely sChristmas break and everyone is looking forward to catching up with their friends and starting the new term!
Just a few reminders:
- PE is on a Monday afternoon – named kits should be in school every day
- I am out of class on a Wednesday (for planning, preparation and assessment time/SENCO duties) which Mrs Norris will cover.
- I am also out of class at times on a Tuesday. At these times Mrs. Baker will be in the class to cover.
- Your child should have a named water bottle (with a sports cap) in class every day - the classrooms get hot and stuffy! These need to be taken home daily to wash.
- Your child should be reading as often as possible - we change class reading books on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Your child's learning targets are the following:
- Answering inferential questions when reading (i.e asking children what they think of characters and their actions rather than asking to recall events in a book)
- Editing and improving their writing
- Practising Y2 spelling patterns (these can be found below)
- Practising multiplication and division facts for the 2, 5 and 10 times tables
- Practising addition and subtraction of any numbers within 100
- Fractions of numbers and amounts
- Using money and finding change
Please remember we have an open door policy and are more than happy to discuss any queries or concerns so either catch a member of staff in the playground (but please be aware mornings are very hectic) or ring the school office to make an appointment.
I look forward to seeing all of you throughout the year.
Parents and children can find further information on our Year 2 page on eSchools. Here, you will find links to our Termly Overviews, outlining the areas of learning for each term, as well as links to the Home Learning Menu. Log on via the link opposite, the green Login button at the top of this page or by using the smartphone app.
Our Year 2 page will be our chance to share our learning through photos and examples of good work. You will find lots of useful information and links here so that you can continue your learning at home.
Make sure you check in regularly so you can try out what's new!