Welcome to Foundation Class!
Class Teacher (CT): Mr. Chan
Teaching Assistant (TA) : Miss Kane
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA): Mrs. Baker
Welcome to Foundation Class!
Welcome back to the full return to school. Many thanks to our families who have responded so well with the remote learning package that we put in place via Microsoft Teams. We will be posting weekly Writing Tasks and Maths Tasks as assignments so you can send back photos of how the children are practising what they have learnt. Whilst we are not using this as intensely please feel free to use the class thread facility as a means to communicate with us if there are any issues that need addressing. We will of course still be observing social distancing and good hygiene practices and it will not be possible to discuss matters at the school gate in the 'normal way'- in such an event I would encourage you to leave a message on MS Teams and I will call you back as soon as is humanely possible.
Please also be mindful that if your child is at home self isolating due to displaying COVID symptoms that they are to continue with their home learning which will consist of name writing practice, number time activities and phonics work. This can be posted back via MS Teams as per lockdown.
Alternatively, for non-urgent queries you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and Mr. Chan will reply as soon as possible.
The children are accessing their learning through the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. A big part of the Early Years Curriculum is development of speech and language, and our communication and interactions are integral to the children's learning and development. The expectation is that the children learn through their play and that this continues at home. Talk to your child about their day at school and look out for the learning they bring home. Feel free to take photos and send them into us. These photos can be used in your child's Learning Journey book which is kept in school as a record of how your child has developed their learning.
Since we are starting to ease out of 'lockdown' we have reinstated more activities in the outdoor spaces and the children have had great fun with this. Look at the gallery to below.
Phonics for Miss Kane's Group
1. Please ensure that items of clothing are clearly labelled- they all look the same and there are times when the ink fades!
2. NO water bottles are required in school- milk and water is freely available to your child whilst in school. Fruit juices/ squash/ soft drinks are to be consumed at home please.
3. Please send your child into school with a Book Bag- this is useful in sending letters to and from school as well as containing reading books to be shared with you at home. These book bags can be purchased from THE SCHOOLWEAR SHOP in Mayflower Street.
4. If you do not accompany your child into the Early Years Unit in the morning, please be sure to send in a note daily telling us what you would like to order for lunch.
5. Check on the ParentPay app for payment of snack for the term. If you are unsure of how to set this up please phone the school office on (01752) 567668.
6. PE Day is on Thursday. Please send your child into school already dressed in PE clothing, at this time we are unable to offer much assistance in getting the children changed. The expectation for PE clothes are a plain white t-shirt, black track suit bottoms/ leggings and a school jumper/ cardigan. Trainers can be worn.
7. Pre-book lunches using your EDUSPOT account. For further information please call the School Office for details.
Home/ Remote Learning Ideas.
In the event of having to self isolate or support home learning- the expectation is to do the following daily and it is best to make this fun through play.
(1) Practise writing your child's name using the pre-cursive font. We would have sent home a sample name card featuring your child's name for reference.
(2) Follow the Read Write Inc links featured on this page. Your child should practise a letter sound per day.
(3) A counting activity/ counting game. Children are expected to recognise numerals 1-10 by the time they leave Foundation. Can your child recognise these numbers around the house or on street signs etc.? Play physical games involving counting.
(4) Watch an episode of Numberblocks- available on BBC iPlayer.
(5) Share a story with your child. There are links to the topic story for each term on this page too. Alternatively, there is CBeebies Bedtime Stories available on BBC iPlayer.
- Little Red Riding Hood 1
- Little Red Riding Hood 2
- Little Red Riding Hood 3
- Little Red Riding Hood 4
- Little Red Riding Hood 5
Phonics for Mr. Chan's Group