Welcome to Foundation Class!
Class Teacher (CT): Mr. Chan
Teaching Assistant (TA) : Miss Kane
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA): Mrs. Baker
Welcome to Foundation Class!
I hope you are well and settling into the start of the new school year. Initial conversations have been positive and heart-warming about how the children have settled. If there are any issues please feel free to mention it when your child is dropped off or collected from school. During these times of having to practise social distancing more in-depth conversations cannot be dealt with face to face. Instead, Mr. Chan will contact you by phone outside of school hours. Alternatively, for non-urgent queries you can send an email to email@example.com, and Mr. Chan will reply as soon as possible.
The children are settling in well and will be learning about Autumn and the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. A big part of the Early Years Curriculum is development of speech and language, and our communication and interactions are integral to the children's learning and development. The expectation is that the children learn through their play and that this continues at home. Talk to your child about their day at school and look out for the learning they bring home. There will be some HOME LEARNING information to follow, which are suggestions for what you can do with your child at home to support their learning and development- feel free to take photos and send them into us. These photos can be used in your child's Learning Journey book which is kept in school as a record of how your child has developed their learning. These Learning Journey books are available for you to look at when you drop your child off on Friday mornings. Feel free to browse through them with your child.
1. Please ensure that items of clothing are clearly labelled- they all look the same and there are times when the ink fades!
2. NO water bottles are required in school- milk and water is freely available to your child whilst in school. Fruit juices/ squash/ soft drinks are to be consumed at home please.
3. Please send your child into school with a Book Bag- this is useful in sending letters to and from school as well as containing reading books to be shared with you at home. These book bags can be purchased from THE SCHOOLWEAR SHOP in Mayflower Street.
4. If you do not accompany your child into the Early Years Unit in the morning, please be sure to send in a note daily telling us what you would like to order for lunch.
5. Check on the ParentPay app for payment of snack for the term. If you are unsure of how to set this up please phone the school office on (01752) 567668.
6. PE Day is on Wednesday. Please send your child into school already dressed in PE clothing, at this time we are unable to offer much assistance in getting the children changed. The expectation for PE clothes are a plain white t-shirt, black track suit bottoms/ leggings and a school jumper/ cardigan. Trainers can be worn.