"Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much." —Blaise Pascal
Welcome to Year 6, Summer Term 2019
Our teaching team is:
Teacher: Mrs Ioja
PPA cover: Mrs Baker (Tuesday afternoon)
PE: Friday afternoon
Welcome back to the final term at Stuart Road Primary School. We have a busy, fun couple of months ahead of us!
The children are refreshed and all raring to go. We hope you enjoy yourself, work hard and make the most of your last year in primary school.
Just a few reminders:
- PE is on a Friday afternoon - kits should be in school every day
- I am out of class on a Tuesday afternoon (for planning, preparation and assessment) and Mrs Baker covers the class each week
- Your child should have a named water bottle (with a sports cap) in class every day - the classrooms get hot and stuffy!
- Your child should be reading as often as possible - after completing reading a book, your child should write a short review or summary of the book after which the book can be changed.
In Maths we will be focusing on aspects such as Ratio and proportion, Measurements and Geometry and how to use these in our problem solving and reasoning tasks.
We are strongly continuing our focus on mindsets, and continue to actively promote the earning of tokens for fantastic learning behaviour. We are also spending lots of time discussing targets with the children and sharing our learning intentions so that the children have a context for their work.
Your child's targets this term are the following:
- Answering inferential questions when reading (i.e asking children what they think of characters and their actions rather than asking to recall events in a book)
- Editing and improving their writing
- Practising Y6 spelling patterns
- Practising multiplication and division facts for all the times tables