Class Teacher: Mrs Haddy
Teaching Assistant: Miss Kane
Higher Level Teaching Assistant: Mrs. Baker
Welcome to Reception!
We do hope that your child continues to enjoy their time at school! |This term we will learning about Winter and The Three Little Pigs. Please see the link below for the curriulum intent for Reception.
In maths, we will be consolidating our learning about numbers 1 to 5. We will also be learning what 'zero' means and will be looking at numbers 6 to 10. This will be supported through our counting area and through the children's play.
The children will also be engaging in some writing activities which will support our learning about Winter and the Three Little Pigs. Next term we will continue with our Winter theme and introduce our new story - Little Red Riding Hood.
Read Write Inc
We have just started our Read Write Inc sessions and the children are picking up the new routine quickly.
We are holding a Read Write Inc workshop for parents on Tuesday 28th September. Please come along to find out how we teach early reading in school and also how you can support your child at home with reading.
Please see the links below to give you more information about Read Write Inc.
1. Please ensure that items of clothing are clearly labelled- they all look the same and there are times when the ink fades!
2. NO water bottles are required in school- milk and water is freely available to your child whilst in school. Fruit juices/ squash/ soft drinks are to be consumed at home please.
3. Please send your child into school with a Book Bag- this is useful in sending letters to and from school as well as containing reading books to be shared with you at home. These book bags can be purchased from THE SCHOOLWEAR SHOP in Mayflower Street.
4. If you do not accompany your child into the Early Years Unit in the morning, please be sure to send in a note daily telling us what you would like to order for lunch.
6. PE Day is on Thursday. Please send your child into school already dressed in PE clothing, at this time we are unable to offer much assistance in getting the children changed. The expectation for PE clothes are a plain white t-shirt, black track suit bottoms/ leggings and a school jumper/ cardigan. Trainers can be worn.
Home/ Remote Learning Ideas.
In the event of having to self isolate or support home learning- the expectation is to do the following daily and it is best to make this fun through play.
(1) Practise writing your child's name using the pre-cursive font. We would have sent home a sample name card featuring your child's name for reference.
(2) Follow the Read Write Inc links featured on this page. Your child should practise a letter sound per day.
(3) A counting activity/ counting game. Children are expected to recognise numerals 1-10 by the time they leave Foundation. Can your child recognise these numbers around the house or on street signs etc.? Play physical games involving counting.
(4) Watch an episode of Numberblocks- available on BBC iPlayer.
(5) Share a story with your child. There are links to the topic story for each term on this page too. Alternatively, there is CBeebies Bedtime Stories available on BBC iPlayer.